About Emirates Thalassemia
About Emirates Thalassemia Society
Emirates Thalassemia Society is a non-profit organization affiliated with the Ministry of Social Affairs & is the most prominent Thalassemia tackling organization in UAE. It is the only organization which caters all sorts of basic & extended needs of the Thalassemia patients in terms of tangible & intangible support. We not only resolve the medical & social issues of the Thalassemia patients all over UAE but also fulfill our ethical duty of spreading the awareness of the disorder in order to control its spread amongst the new born infants.
Emirates Thalassemia Society was established on 10 October 1997 by the efforts of the Thalassemia patients’ parents under the Ministerial decision No. (285) of 1997 from the Ministry of Community Development, previously known as the Ministry of Labor and Social Affair.
‘PATIENTS OUR PRIORITY & CITIZENS OUR TARGET’
• Morally and socially helping people with thalassemia and offering consultations.
• Communicating with other international associations and corporations for the purpose of exchanging information and experience while encouraging and tracking the medical and therapeutic researches related to thalassemia.
• Organizing for health awareness and cultivation programs for the community to control the disease by lectures, video tapes and illustrative booklets in co-operation with the concerned authorities.
• Providing moral support and encouraging blood donation at the UAE level while stressing the importance of blood donation for thalassemia patients to maintain their lives.
• Alerting future couples on the importance of premarital tests.
• Encouraging thalassemia patients to be productive members of the community by finding them suitable jobs.
• Organizing fund raising programs to finance the needs of the Thalassemia patients.
Events & News
Emirates Thalassemia Society visited the Thalassemia Centers (Dubai, Fujairah and Ras Al Khaimah) to celebrate the 48th National Day with…
With great pride, the flag of the UAE has risen high at 11:00 am on Sunday, November 3rd at the…
Emirates Thalassemia Society participates and spreads awareness to the potential new couples though the campaign ‘Protection… makes like beautiful’
Emirates Thalassemia Society participated in the Awareness Day for Potential New Couples and organized a Thalassemia awareness campaign ‘Protection… makes…
Thalassemia awareness day held at the Abu Dhabi Police- Department of Traffic and Patrols to continue their campaign ‘Protection… makes life beautiful’
The Emirates Thalassemia Society organized an awareness day at the Abu Dhabi Police- Traffic and Patrols Department as part of…
Thalassemia awareness day held at TRANSWORLD as part of the awareness campaign ‘Protection… makes life beautiful’ to mark the ‘World Blood Donors Day’.
On the occasion of ‘World Blood Donors Day’, Emirates Thalassemia Society coordinated with the TRANSWORLD and Dubai Blood Donation Center…
Thalassemia awareness day held at Fujeiraj Natural Resources Est. as part of the campaign ‘Protection… makes life beautiful’
Emirates Thalassemia Society in collaboration with Fujeirah Natural Resources Est. and organized a Thalassemia awareness day to continue its campaign…