His Highness DrSheikha Sultan Bin Khalifa hosts Brainstorming Workshop for Thalassemia
Hosted graciously by Dr. Sheikh Sultan Bin Khalifa Bin Zayed Al Nahyan, Advisorto thePresident of the State, a Brainstorming Workshop was organized byEmirates Thalassemia Society in the ‘Trees Island’.
The four day trip included a team of active Thalassemia patients and respected Board Members in order to gather productive ideas prior to the upcomingSecond Emirates Thalassemia Social Forum.
The very successful Workshop took place to achieve the following objectives: –
1. Highlight on the social and psychological aspectscritical for the patients and their families.
2. Overcome and equalize the medical and social phenomena.
3. Exchanging experiences amongst the Arab countries towards the welfare of the patients.
4. Presentations of successful experiences in different countries and take advantage of them.
5. Alleviate the sufferings of Thalassemia patients from social point of view.
6. Present patients in a way that they are not only about the treatment and medications, but there is a lot more to a patient.With moral and material support and social rehabilitation, patients can be encouraged to live a normal healthy life.